Plongeurs au fond de l'esprit

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Current goals: a systematic review of dreams and aspirations for 2015

Every day brings along a plethora of opportunities, and it is not worth waiting for New Year to formalise them into an endless list of resolutions (of course it is not worth it, especially when you can do it everyday).
I confess. Yes, I am a big fan of plans and lists and busy schedules and diaries! And though I am not so sure about how I feel about executing these plans later on, this has not stopped me at all to keep coming up with more and more projects. 
Therefore, and on the eve of a new decade, I have produced my own personal bucket list, tailored to my current needs but without forgetting about more long-term dreams and aspirations. Ambitious? Probably, but after all, Life is a Dream, isn't it, Calderon?

1. Get my driving license in the UK 
2. Translate a book or an article
3. Sail the Caribbean Sea on a Cruise (lovely creole adventure)  
4. Resume French
5. Learn how to knit (crochet knitting) 
6. Bake an edible cake from scratch ✓ 
7. Buy a flat/house
8. Visit China with my family
9. Complete my second year round of 6 Book Challenge 
10. Attend a home birth
11. Go to a summer festival or a summer event 
12. Play mini-golf for the first time 
13. Try rock climbing ✓ 
14. Do regular swimming or fitness classes 
15. Run a journal club on O&G ✓ 
16. Try Aquaerobics 
17. Use more SPSS 
18. Celebrate my bf's bday
19. Complete a forensic science course ✓ 
20. Go camping in the UK
21. Chase the Northern Lights
22. Attend a candle party 
23. Try zip-lines in Robin Hood Forest
24. Become a Catrina for the Day of the Dead 
25. Watch a film at an outdoor cinema ✓ 
26. Prepare homemade ice-cream 
27. Organise a trip with the speculum team (to Leeds & Leicester!) 
28. Go to a spa ✓ 
29. Join and become an active member in one of the academic societies ✓ 
30. Have a peer-reviewed paper or abstract accepted  



5 comments:

Rika said...

1. Call the Midwife. Jennifer Worth.
2. Designing Randomised Trials. The Torgerson.
3. La ciudad y los perros. Mario Vargas Llosa.

3 more to come =D

Rika said...

4. Us. David Nicholls.

Rika said...

5. The secret life of bees. Sue Monk Kidd.

Rika said...

6. Mujeres. Eduardo Galeano.

Rika said...

7. The History of Love. Nicole Krauss.