Plongeurs au fond de l'esprit

Tuesday, February 07, 2012

I know I may not be very flexible on this matter but seriously what is the point of dubbing absolutely all films? I may understand that some percentage of the population might still be illiterate and benefit from this dubbing frenzy, but I can´t believe a top city such as Madrid only has one or two cinemas featuring films in their original language! And I don´t mean just the average translation pair of English into Spanish. All films whose original language is not Spanish run the same fate! I am really surprised! Well, the same goes with musicals but that makes a bit more of sense to me (especially musicals aimed at children)...Well, I have been here for almost 5 weeks and havent watched a single movie...and that...that´s just weird!

1 comment:

Rika said...

I guess this post triggered some mixed feelings among my Spanish neighbours who felt compelled to prove me wrong by inviting me to watch a 100% dubbed movie. I thank them all for their kindness. So was it better than expected? Again, do not read too much into my silence :P but I guess you get the answer.