Plongeurs au fond de l'esprit

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Closing inventory

Growing old always brings about changes, some unexpected and some completely premeditated. Now that my arbitrary bday is drawing nearer, I thought about some of the most unexpected changes I experienced during this last year. I

1. Grew fonder of fish (still far from liking it, but I can cope with some haddock here and there)
2. Started to drink soup on a daily basis (I parted ways with Mafalda and broke all my principles when I   bought my first sachet)
3. Learnt that getting through night shifts was just simpler after drinking some cups of tea
4. Discovered that I actually enjoy Interior Design websites (and not only used them as a last resort when boredom is killing me)
5. Realized how much I missed my Contemporary Literature courses at Uni (and the feeling of being under pressure to read novels)

My 26 also offered me a good share of premeditated changes. Changes I first gave birth to in my mind before they became real in the outer world. I

1. Became insular. (It was more by default than by active choice, but still a nice change)
2. Got more politically involved which also led to my working as a volunteer in Africa (I couldnt -and didnt want to- break the sequence I myself had started by landing an internship with WHO/GFMER/OMPHI the year before)
3. Bought my first smartphone and joined a pension scheme!
4. Caused chaos by asking my relatives to spend Christmas all together (I knew it would happen, just a side effect to a memorable week that was worth every awkard moment)
5. Crossed out 3 more destinations in my top 10 trip list

I met and parted ways with great people ("le tourniquet de gens", Margarita would say), I made up my mind about 1,000 things (about which I will probably change my mind again the next year), I tripped and fell and stood up and resumed my walking. I cried and laughed and grew up (a few inches maybe? :P) and danced and ......enjoyed moment of pure bliss. Yes, my 26 have been great. Cant wait to see what my 27 have in store for me =)

No comments: